Sunday 14 May 2017

Aquarium Poetry Compition

Healthy Sea, Healthy people
Intermediate category
Wave-Thrashing
Fish-Bearing
Tsunami-Warnings
That is the rule of the sea


Litter-Within
Polluted-I am
Oil leaked-throughout
This is not what I choose, why does it have to be


Pulled-by rips
Sharks-I hold
People-fear
That is I who causes that, can’t I help, that’s just myself


You who ruins will be without a doubt the one causes the world to pay,
I will not mend myself so help me out,
Take good care of me,
You who are wise shall see,
For that is the rule of the sea.

By Ruby


In Room 1 and 2 we entered a writing competition for the National Aquarium of New Zealand. The theme was Healthy sea, Healthy people. My poem was partly a Kennings poem from the perspective of the sea. The criteria of the poems were that you had to have 400 hundred words or less and you had to reflect the the theme of the competition. The winners will be announced on Friday 2nd June and will read their poem at the reading evening on Thursday 8th June at 7 pm.


2 comments: