Wednesday 24 May 2017

Healthy Sea, Healthy people


I bob up and down in the sea
Waves come crashing over me
I can be on the floor in the depths of the ocean
I can be on the the surface causing a commotion
Thrown carelessly by the men on a boat
The sea is not where I should float


Where should I be?
Not in the sea
In the trash is where I should be!

By Mollie


In room two we have been writing poems for the the national aquarium sea week. The poems that we have been writing have to be along the theme of 'Healthy sea Healthy people'. The class is eagerly awaiting the winners of the challenge which will be announced on the second of June. This poem is what I have submitted into the challenge. It is about the rubbish and pollution in the ocean. It has a nice little message on where we should be putting our rubbish. I have posted my poem to show you what kind of awesome activities we have been doing in our classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your poem Molly I think it's great how you used show not tell like how Miss Heaps has been talking about in class and how you wrote the poem from the perspective of the rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is great, I really like the rhyming good job!

    ReplyDelete